Alcohol and drugs abuse and addiction to alter how your brain functions. These substances affect your reward system mostly as they alter the brain’s neurotransmitters. The primary symptoms of addiction are cravings for compulsive drug abuse. Detox is the foundation of treating addiction. It involves medical supervision to help you and your dependents adjust to a healthy lifestyle.
Patients will also participate in therapy, which will help change your behaviors towards drugs and alcohol. The principles of effective treatment, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, states that there is no definite approach that sweets every patient’s needs. For example, patients usually have varying preferences and responses to therapies. The best addiction treatment in LA California needs to have rehabilitation and aftercare once detox is complete.
Here are six things to do after detox for alcohol and drug addiction:
1. Continue Treatment
Detox is only the first step to Addiction Recovery Los Angeles. It provides physical stabilization for your recovery. Psychological balance is also necessary to ensure a full recovery. Some individuals may need continued medication-assisted treatment.
Different medications are used to help with various conditions during addiction treatment in Los Angeles, California. Some of the medicine you will use was in your medical detoxification, Los Angeles. For example, naltrexone is used in alcohol treatment in LA, California. Some people experience co-occurring mental health conditions. They use antidepressants to help stabilize dopamine and serotonin in your brain. Most of the medication used in medical toxification has slow action or reduces its pill to do drugs. This makes them less likely to abuse.
2. Counseling and Talk Therapy
Individual and group therapy are available to help Focus on psychological stabilization. There are multiple forms of talk therapy which include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). CBT is a therapy approach commonly used to help prevent relapse. It allows individuals to identify maladaptive behaviors that lead to substance abuse. The therapy also helps you to understand the root causes of these behaviors and develop the strategies needed to avoid Relapse. These strategies will help you to positively manage experiences such as cravings for stress food, which can trigger a relapse.
- 12 Steps. The 12 steps were among the first methods to help overcome addiction. Alcoholics Anonymous popularized it in the 1930s full stop with steps to help you to make healthier choices when in relationships with your loved ones and overcome abuse. The 12-step program has a Christian Foundation in this. It does not apply to everyone. As a result, other therapies, like CBT, were developed.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET). MET is the best therapy developed to motivate individuals to seek addiction treatment. The approach only helps some people, for example, those struggling with alcohol marijuana or nicotine use disorder. MET makes rehabilitation effective even when an individual signs up with mixed feelings about it.
- Contingency Management. This form of therapy offers incentives for positive behaviors involving a little Talk therapy. It works well for individuals focusing on meth addiction recovery in Los Angeles or any other stimulant substances like cocaine.
- Family Therapy. Family therapy helps with emotional healing between family members. It helps members deal with trauma or any other effects that came from alcohol or drug use disorder.
- Matrix Therapy. This approach involves the use of two or more talk therapies during rehabilitation. Medical professionals in drug rehab centers in Los Angeles form combinations of 12 steps, recovery skills education, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
- Mutual Support Groups. Mutual support groups offer social support to peers facing similar challenges. SMART Recovery has been developed to group peers according to religious belief, family history, co-occurring disorders, medical history, and more.
3. Holistic Therapies
Holistic Therapies help individuals maintain a healthy lifestyle. They include various programs, which include exercises, yoga, meditation, and nutrition therapy. Some individuals find Holistic Therapies to be stress-relieving. However, this program does not work for everyone. Holistic Therapies are usually available in best LA California addiction treatment centers.
Rest is also part of Los Angeles CA addiction treatment and self-treatment. It helps to clear your mind and relieve stress.
4. Seek Spiritual, Personal, Or Emotional Growth
There are those individuals who recover through growth either spiritually personally or emotionally. As part of growth, you may reach out to others for help or even mend broken relationships. You may also engage in new hobbies to help you anchor your thoughts and emotions. For example, you can try music or art. The friends you keep will also help with growth. Keep good company and avoid places that could trigger a relapse. There are those individuals who seek spiritual growth, which could involve getting a new religion or stressing your steps with the old one. You should also keep busy to occupy your mind and reduce cravings for drugs and alcohol.
5. Be Patient, and Relapse Is Not the End
Recovery takes time and that you need to be patient. The treatment program will not be effective if you rush it. You can still bounce back with the help of a top Los Angeles Treatment center like Novo Detox.
Get Help at Novo Detox
Novo Detox center is one of the top addiction treatment centers in Los Angeles, California. We offer addiction treatment, which includes prescription drugs like morphine, opioid, end methadone, heroin, and alcohol rehabilitation in Los Angeles, CA.
We are a reputable organization with accreditation from associations like the joint commission and the California Department of Health Care Services. Our organization also offers treatment in co-occurring disorders such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, codependency depression, impulse control disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and borderline personality disorder.
Our primary goals include offering you personalized treatment. We will conduct various tests on admission. These tests include pharmacologic tests, history & physical exam, toxicology tests, psychological, and social assessment. Our team is made up of experienced and board-certified psychologists, doctors, nurses, and psychiatrists who help deliver personalized treatment. We also offer privacy, safety support, and comfort.
Addiction Recovery in Los Angeles can be solidified with aftercare treatments. Los Angeles treatment centers offer various forms of after-care treatment when individuals complete drug detoxification. Recovery takes time because addiction alters the brain reward system through changes in its neural transmitter levels. Thus, individuals experience cravings and compulsive drug abuse as primary addiction symptoms.
The best addiction treatment in LA California has aftercare services and programs. You should engage in either or all of the following six steps after alcohol and drug addiction detox. They include:
- Continue treatment. Some individuals may experience withdrawal symptoms for a long time and that they may need to continue using the medication to ease the symptoms and cravings.
- You can also engage in various forms of counseling and talk therapy. The main ones include cognitive behavioral therapy, 12 steps programs, motivation enhancement therapy, contingency management, family therapy, Matrix therapy, and mutual support groups. This helps you to identify maladaptive behaviors and set strategies to help you overcome these behaviors.
- Holistic Therapies like yoga and nutritional therapy help individuals to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Others seek spiritual personal and emotional growth after detox to occupy their minds and reward system and help them avoid alcohol and substance abuse.
- Patience is an essential Factor to develop after detox. This is because many individuals Relapse, and some of them think that recovery is not possible. Healing takes time, and you shouldn’t devote yourself to waiting.
Getting help from one of the best LA California addiction treatment centers is highly advised for those suffering from drug abuse. At Novo Detox, we treat drug use disorder and underlying disorders such as depression or anxiety. You will be under the care of medical professionals with over 40 years of experience. Contact us and sign up now for a private safe, supportive, and comfortable detox and recovery process.